- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Oak wood and Cherry wood hair barrettes – Set of 2 - Gift Boxed
• Simple, stylish and sustainable wooden hair accessories.
• This set of 2 hair barrettes are handmade by us from natural air-dried Oak wood and Cherry wood. As the wood has been air dried, it is full of character and detail - literally no two hair slides will be the same. Some are lighter, some darker, some stripey, some with natural knots, splits and blemishes - but they are all of excellent quality...
• Dimensions: all barrettes are approximately 8.5cm - 9cm long. The barrette are 3.5cm - 4cm wide
• The metal hair clips are all 7cm in length. These metal clasps are screwed onto the wood. No glue was used, as we try to avoid using petrochemicals. If you have particularily thick or wavy hair we also do a set with Extra Large 9cm barrette clips - https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/865050183/extra-large-hair-barrettes-set-of-2-gift?ref=shop_home_active_1&frs=1&crt=1
• Please note that we use original authentic HIGH QUALITY 'Made in France' barrette clips - French auto-lock barrette backs are of Superior quality and meet EU Nickel directive. They are stamped "Made in France". They have only two parts to them, the barrette back and the hinged clip. Chinese copies will NOT have the "made in France" stamped on them. You will find the Chinese version also have three separate parts, they tend to break and are made of a weaker steel.
• Homemade Beeswax and Tung Oil ‘wood butter’ protective finish
• They will be sent to you in a kraft cardboard box, lined with shredded-wood filler.
• Care instructions: Wipe with a damp cloth or duster (never submerge in water).
Our other hair accessories can be viewed here:
*** gorlech are Claire and Paul, woodcrafters based in rural West Wales – if you would like to know a little bit more about us or how we make our products, check out our YouTube channel
We have a video on our YouTube channel showing how we make these barrettes. It can be viewed here:
We will aim to post your item within 3 working days (delivery times to be agreed individually for custom orders)
Estimated shipping times:
- North America: 5-10 business days
- Europe: 3-5 business days
- UK: 2-5 business days
If you would like to receive an item quicker than the estimated shipping time given above, please message us and we will research alternative postage options for you.
Most of items are sent via the Parcel2Go service. We will provide you with a Parcel2GoTracking number when we dispatch your order. We usually select either Hermes or Parceforce to deliver our items to you. We take out insurance cover for all items.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply.
We are not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 21 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
If an item is lost or damaged in transit, we will contact the courier and obtain instructions from them as to what evidence is needed to make a claim. We might need, for example, photographic evidence of damage. Provided we receive requested information, we will refund the buyer for the item and postage costs, and then seek to claim these costs back from the courier.
If returning an unwanted item, it is the buyers responsibility to arrange and pay for return shipping. We recommend that buyers select a tracked service. A refund of the original item value will be given upon successful receipt of the item (provided it is in its original condition). Shipping charges will not be refunded.
Our products (and the packaging for our products) are not toys and are not suitable for children under 3 years of age due to small parts.
Many of our products are made of surplus, recycled or 'waste wood'. Consequently there may be marks, blemishes and splits on the product, but these will not compromise the structural integrity of the item (i.e. we do not sell products that we think will break with normal use!). We think that these marks, blemishes and splits are what gives our pieces their individual and rustic charm.
All of our items are finished with our homemade beeswax and raw Tung oil ‘butter’ to bring out the best in our wood products. Where an item is intended for food use, we use ‘Tung Oil’ (which is safe for this purpose and doesn’t leave an unpleasant taste which could contaminate food). Items with evidence of woodworm have been appropriately treated.
Our candle / tealight / incense holders are designed for use by responsible adults only – never leave a naked flame unattended.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to use, and share your information, including:
* as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
*if necessary to comply with a legal obligation, such as retaining information about your purchases as required by tax law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
*Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
*Compliance with laws. I may use and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
* Proof of posting (postcode or zip code)
* For my tax returns.
To comply with tax requirements I retain this information for a period of 7 years.
I do not collect your information, for marketing or mailing lists.
However personal information relating to your purchase will be retained and available via Etsy and/or Paypal and you should refer to their privacy polices for further information.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I do not store and process your information.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
*Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
*Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
*Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Claire Glover, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at: email@example.com
Dec 29, 2021
Wonderful quality and so happy to give as a gift as intended especially due to the eco friendly quality as well as their look. They work superbly as well! I will buy more in the future.
Dec 19, 2021
Lovely product, beautifully presented and delivered quickly. My second purchase.
Dec 14, 2021
My mum will love these for Christmas, lovely quality. Would highly recommend!
Nov 21, 2021
Great to find hair barrettes that aren't made of plastic. Lovely quality product and beautifully packaged.
Nov 3, 2021
Lovely clips. Each one is slightly different (in addition to the different widths) because of the grain in the wood and the colour. The clip part is also good quality and strong. Fast dispatch and nicely packaged. (I would definitely buy more - perhaps with an animal - fox, stag, hare, bee - burnt into the wood...?)